Booking Terms and Conditions
By making this booking you are entering into a legally binding agreement with us so please read the terms and conditions of booking below. Your payment will indicate your acceptance of these. A material breach of these conditions may result in you being refused entry to the property or being asked to leave early and having your booking terminated. In such case your booking will be deemed to be cancelled and no refunds of any monies paid will be made.
The booking is for a short-term holiday rental only and the property must not be used for any other purpose unless specifically agreed in advance in writing. Sub-letting or assignation of the let is prohibited. The lead guest must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of booking. We must receive names and addresses of all members of your party and the ages of any children. Your booking is not confirmed until you have received written confirmation from us, which may be by email, and your deposit is received. Provisional bookings may be held with prior arrangement for a maximum of 3 days to allow payment of the deposit to be made. We are unable to take bookings for stag parties, hen parties or student groups unless by prior arrangement. Please advise us of any allergies or special requirements on booking.
All accommodation fees are in pounds sterling (GBP) and must be paid for in pounds sterling. Payment can be made via bank transfer, credit or debit card through our secure online booking system provided by Supercontrol. Please note that at no time do we, ourselves, hold any card details. Any and all bank charges are to be met by the guest. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required on booking with the remaining balance to be paid no fewer than 90 days before the start of your holiday. In the event of booking within this time frame, the total amount payable will be due. Payment can be accepted through the online portal, bank transfer, debit and credit card. Bank transfer payments can be made to the following account: A/C No: 30641642 Sort Code: 20-47-34 A/C Name: Mr R Zogolovitch. Please add your name as the reference to enable us to trace the payment.
In the week prior to your arrival we will email you a welcome pack with directions, instructions for arrival and further information on The Houseboat and the local area to help you plan your stay.
Check-in is from 3pm on the day of your arrival. Please advise us of your approximate arrival time either by phone, text or email. Earlier check-in may be available during quieter periods and should be arranged in advance of your arrival day. If you arrive early without prior arrangement it is unlikely you will be able to enter The Houseboat. On departure The Houseboat must be vacated by 10am at the latest. We have a limited time to prepare the property for our guests to the high standard expected and we would ask you to help us achieve this by vacating on time. Please leave The Houseboat as you found it, in a clean and tidy condition, with furniture and fittings returned to their original positions. Rubbish and recycling must be deposited in the appropriate bins outside. We reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee of £30 per hour/part-hour if the property is left in an unacceptably unclean or untidy condition.
Parking spaces are provided outside the property. Cars left here are done so at the owners risk.
If keys are lost a charge will be made for a replacement lock and associated keys.
The number of guests must not exceed 10 persons. Infants under 24 months sleeping in cots do not count towards occupancy. You may invite friends and guests to visit but the guests staying overnight must at no time exceed or differ from those whose details were provided on booking unless by prior arrangement. No parties, events or gatherings may take place at the property without prior written consent from the owners. The Houseboat reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. The lead guest named on the booking form is responsible for the decent and considerate behaviour of the whole party. In the event of excessive noise or unruly behaviour deemed to be unacceptable by the owners, we reserve the right to ask the whole party to vacate the property.
Smoking and vaping are not allowed inside The Houseboat.
We accept pets by prior arrangement only. Please contact us a minimum of a week prior to your arrival for this to be arranged. There will be an additional charge for pets to stay at the property.
Should you wish to amend your holiday before its commencement we will do our very best to accommodate you but cannot guarantee this will be possible. Any amendments may incur an administration fee at the discretion of the owners.
In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your holiday please advise us immediately and confirm in writing/email. We will confirm receipt of your cancellation request. Your stay at The Houseboat is covered by Master Cancel (from 01st August 2020) and as such you will be refunded the full amount of your stay, excluding any extras organised and ordered. If you have to leave your stay at The Houseboat earlier than expected for any reason then no refund will be made.
Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded.
Refund Payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking.
Cancellations made 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in). Guests may cancel their reservation by notifying their property management company in writing that they wish to cancel. These Terms are valid only for bookings which are placed from 01st August 2020.
If we, the owners, have to cancel your booking due to forces beyond our control we will refund all monies paid. If we have to end your holiday early due to forces beyond our control we will refund the appropriate proportion of the booking fee. In these circumstances our liability will not extend beyond this and there will be no compensation or expenses paid.
Guests are responsible for the property during their holiday and are asked to take reasonable care of both the property and its contents. Any breakages and/or damage should be reported to the owners immediately. Whilst we won’t charge for the odd broken plate or glass we reserve the right to charge for any damages deemed unreasonable. This will be taken from the damage deposit. Guests must report any problems with appliances, fixtures or fittings immediately so that they may be repaired as soon as possible to minimise inconvenience both to you and to subsequent guests. Guests must not carry out any activities or behaviour that may cause a nuisance to the owners or occupiers of neighbouring properties. We, the owners, are entitled to ask the holidaymaker to leave the property without any refund if, in our opinion, the behaviour of the holidaymaker and/or his/her party is unacceptable or unreasonable. We, the owners, also reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable or capable of taking charge of the property. The Houseboat reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. The lead guest named on the booking form is responsible for the decent and considerate behaviour of the whole party. Excessive noise or unruly behaviour in the houses or communal areas that is disturbing to other guests or the owners is not acceptable, and we reserve the right to ask the whole party to vacate the property. Should we (the owners) be unhappy with the condition the property is left in or the behaviour of the guests during your stay, we may refuse to accept a future booking from the guest. Guests must accept responsibility for the safety of their children.
The use of The Houseboat is entirely at the users’ risk and the owners can accept no responsibility for injury, death, loss or damage unless arising from negligence on our part. We make every effort to list our property in an accurate manner however, due to a programme of continuing refurbishment, some fixtures and fittings may differ to those in the photographs. We very much hope you enjoy your holiday with us but in the hopefully unlikely event of a problem or complaint we ask that you notify us during your stay so that we may resolve the problem. Any complaints made retrospectively cannot be considered.
We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time to carry out repairs and necessary maintenance. We will endeavour to agree a convenient time in advance but at times it may be necessary to enter the property without prior arrangement.
The details you provide on booking will not be shared with any third parties. We may occasionally contact you to keep you up to date with offers and newsletters. Please let us know if you would prefer not to receive these.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and The Houseboat, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Houseboat and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Houseboat and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of The Houseboat, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of The Houseboat.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of The Houseboat or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Houseboat makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. The Houseboat is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst The Houseboat uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. The Houseboat accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. The Houseboat reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Houseboat accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
23. The Houseboat of Hamworthy, Poole, Dorset, BH15 4LR operates the Website www.thehouseboat-poole.co.uk.
You can contact The Houseboat by email on email@example.com.
One less thing to worry about ...
Sorry to interrupt your browsing. We know life has been more than a little crazy recently, so when you book with us you are automatically covered by Master Cancel and guaranteed a 100% refund of your stay if you have to cancel for any reason.